Ice, Wine and Dine
When:Tonight from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Type of couple: The food lover couple. For those who like to dine and wine for their special night out.
What: Taking place on Elm Street, from Yonge to Bay, this event is filled with food and entertainment. With a number of…
Friday (tonight!) TO-do.
Bundle UP ;)
Gary Clark Jr. is definitely a guitar enthusiast. He performed at least one guitar solo in each song, showing off his talents well. Here’s a clip of Bright Lights, his most popular song.
His voice is like honey. Who saw the Irish (/cute/adorable/humble) folk singer James Vincent McMorrow on Saturday?
Here’s a (far too) short clip of “We Don’t Eat”. If I Had A Boat moved me the most- so much that I have no clips to share :)
Take me out to the Skydome!
[StFX University Toronto Alumni Chapter Jays game! Recognize the X-Ring?]
September, what a magical month. School is back in session, the weather is perfect, and Torontonians are eager to enjoy the last moments of summer in so many great ways. For the creator of Toronto TO-do (dat’s me), it is a month that will be taken over with studying, being twice employed, and travelling. Cue: hiatus from most Toronto activities and events beyond keeping my body highly caffeinated at various Toronto Coffee Shops.
But, for my valued followers (all 5 of you), I will leave you with a compilation of September events that I hope will inspire you to keep busy and enjoy Toronto during (arguably) the best month of the year.
- Toronto International Film Festival- If you’re lucky enough to have tickets to premieres, better yet TIFF parties (?!), YOU GO GIRL/GUY! For the rest of us, there are still tickets to some TIFF shows available on TIFF’s (extremely user-friendly) website: here. Festival runs until Sept 15th.
- September Sports Events: Toronto FC (there are two home games in Sept) & Blue Jays, as your chances to watch them are running low. And let’s be honest with ourselves, we still #lovethisteam, despite our deep (DEEP) disappointments.
- Explore Roncesvalles Village: The Polish Festival September 14-15 gives us outsiders the perfect excuse to explore and wander the streets in the Roncesvalles neighbourhood, while taking in the street festival energy we all know and love.
- Toronto Beer Week: At first glance, I really like where this is going. And with further investigation, yes, it’s true, it is a full week dedicated to beer and beer consumption. September 13th-20th check out some of the participating venues to learn about, and sip on some, delicious brews. More info [here].
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
- Tickets for Kanye West’s Yeezus tour at the ACC go on presale [here] September 12th. Show is November 12th.
- Who would Yeezus be without Jay-Z? His Magna Carter tour has been announced to be at the ACC in January, tickets are currently on sale for American Express front-of-the-line-holders, at ticketmaster.
- Observe from afar, a TIFF red carpet premiere, if anything, just to experience the energy. At best, you’ll catch a side profile shot of Chris Hemsworth, and all will be well in the world.
- Murder at the ROM adult scavenger hunt (September 14th). OK I think this would be fun.
- Also, September is generally the last month to do your favourite summer activities. Remember wanting to lay on the beach on Toronto Island with a pack of Palm Bays? This is your (last) chance!!!!
Live it up.